Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome Harper Joie!!!

Harper Joie (LaJoie is a family name) Lastick was born on Sept. 3, 2008 at 11:28am. She weighed in at 5lbs 14oz (little peanut!) and was completely healthy. We were amazed at how much we could love someone we had just met! The experience was amazing and looking back, I wouldn't change a thing! We managed to have 100% natural birth, and the delivery itself took only 30 minutes. I couldn't have hoped for anything better. So glad I was "with it" to enjoy the entire experience, even the rotten contractions. (: Tom was a trooper and truly took the place of a doula. I couldn't have hoped for a more supportive husband. He's doing a great job taking care of momma and baby. Just when you think you can't love someone more than you already do, they do something that makes you fall in love with them all over again. I have the greatest husband in the entire world!


Rudy & Harper--lost in her car seat!

We had a pretty good first week... Harper slept fairly well, ate like a champ from the start and was a pretty content baby. A few days in, she let us know how well her lungs worked with a screaming fit at bedtime. I cried with her and tried to soothe her (she couldn't POSSIBLY be hungry AGAIN, could she!?). I found out I needed to make more of an effort to sleep when she did to survive. Tired mama makes for emotional breakdowns! But thankfully, they have been minimal!

Daddy & Harper--2 days old





She gets cuter & cuter every day! We are so in love and enjoying every minute of this! Memere is here for 3 weeks to help out (don't know what we'd do without her) and she is even COOKING! What!? Not the mom I remember... she's really going out of her way to keep us rested and well nourished! Tom has to go back to work on Monday, sad for all of us. But he'll so look forward to coming home to see his little girl!

No comments:

Hawaiian waves

Hawaiian waves
Not sure how I got this one... Crazy Hawaiian waves!

Lazy Days

Lazy Days
Jake just loves napping on "his" couch!

Tom golfing

Tom golfing
Got to get this shot... just... right...

Rudy & Jake

Rudy & Jake
best buds!

Waiting...

Waiting...
This guy was crazy!

31 weeks

31 weeks
31 weeks pregnant at York Beach...

6.5 months

6.5 months
My belly at 6 1/2 mos

prego belly

prego belly
4 months along...