
We made it through the first month! Although we think she is the cutest thing in the world & love her to pieces, we'd be lying if we said it was all smooth sailing. It's not fair really, to ask parents to figure out what to do for their newborn on virtually no sleep. That being said, we have gotten into somewhat of a rhythm (as much as you can after one month), we're getting more sleep and leaving the house as much as we can. I've been packing up Harper, the 2 dogs and the baby jogger and driving to Teller trail head nearly every day to go for a nice long walk. Tom often meets up with us after work. Harper LOVES to be on the move... in the car, on the trail, whatever. We think she'll be an outdoor girl! She's starting to make good eye contact and crack some smiles here and there. She is a pretty content baby overall, but does have her one meltdown a day.
Memere left last Saturday and Mommy had a meltdown on Monday morning when she realized she wasn't coming up from her room for coffee! Yikes! What would I do without Memere?! Who would I talk to?! How was I going to shower!? How was I going to eat?! Reluctantly, after a day of shedding many tears, I sucked it up and we managed to get into a routine and Harper has been nice enough to hang out in her swing or pack & play in the bathroom door so I can take a quick shower. And, she loves hanging out in her Moby wrap and will sleep in it for a couple of hours at a time. This gives me 2 free hands to do essential things like eat, pick up, do laundry, pet our neglected pups and update our baby blog!
Little girl, BIG crib!We managed to take Mom & Aunt Karen out for haircuts and lunch last week, all with minimal fussing. Harper was a real trooper! That was our longest time out yet. Yesterday, Harper met Lakota! I think we've got a barn brat on our hands, she loved looking around at the horses and seemed intrigued by everything. She sat quietly in her Moby wrap while Lakota ha
d his feet trimmed (well, sort of, he's been so neglected and underworked his hooves haven't grown--that will all change soon!) Last night, we met Sarah & Thaddius for dinner and Harper slept through it all. Aahhhh, our first peaceful dinner out!
d his feet trimmed (well, sort of, he's been so neglected and underworked his hooves haven't grown--that will all change soon!) Last night, we met Sarah & Thaddius for dinner and Harper slept through it all. Aahhhh, our first peaceful dinner out! Harper's latest trick is to pee right after we take her diaper off, before we have the next one ready. We see this as her way to help the environment. Her message to John McCain, "I'm saving 5-6 diapers a day, what are you doing?!" hee hee

1 comment:
Tucker Hobson writes: Harper you so SOOO CUTE. Will you be my girlfriend?
Post a Comment