Monday, March 8, 2010

SAN DIEGO!!!


We had a great week long vacation in San Diego Feb 20-27. Harper was in HEAVEN, and so were we. It was warm enough to play outside, on the beach, in the sand, at the park, zoo & Sea World. We spent almost every waking moment outdoors. Aahhhh... now we all have 
spring fever!

Harper is growing like
 a weed. We have her 18 month check up later this week, but we guess she's about 22lbs? She's a little peanut, but she's healthy and strong. She is saying well over 100 words (we lost count) and knows what she wants, WHEN she wants it. We are definitely into the "terrible twos". She gets very frustrated when we don't understand what she wants, or worse, when we DO understand but the answer is NO. We're also into the picky eater phase, but I'm hopeful we're on our way out of it. We were down to only a few things she'd eat for meals: mac & cheese (I'd load it with tofu & veggies though), grilled cheese (with turkey hidden in it) and cheesy eggs. She'd eat anything bready--pancakes, waffles, toast, etc. Now we're back onto pasta & quesadilla with beans. Fingers crossed she starts expl
oring with food again! We're trying not to make a big deal of it, but it's hard to see her eat the same meals over and over again. We ju
st keep introducing new food and hope for the best!

Harper is
 RUNNING everywhere. She's got the girly squeal down and is generally pretty happy. If she's outdoors, she's always happy. I'm glad she is an outdoor girl! 

I am getting things set up so I can find a part-time job
. I would, of course, love to go back to CTRC, but we'll have to wait and see if something opens up. As of now, there isn't anything. Fingers crossed! Harper starts at Miss Jackie's Daycare this Thursday for a trial run. I like the idea of her being around other kids. I've been using the gym daycare more and she seems to actually like it now. She still cries when I leave, but I peek back in after 2 minutes and she's having a blast. I'm thinking a part time job will 
make our time together much more special. 

Tom is still plugging away at ATJ. Things are slow, but have picked up the past couple of months. Only time will tell, but we're hoping the travel industry is on the up and up again. 

Lakota is enjoying his semi-retired life... he's fat and lazy. But spring is just around the corner, so he'd better be ready to get back in shape! Rudy & Jake are ready to get back to daily walks too. They are both getting older, and get stiff at night, but they are good. Jake steals Harper's food a lot and she now calls him "sneaky". All it takes is him coming up t
o her and she looks him in the eye and says "sneaky!!!". 

I'm still battling getting back in shape. I found a great Boo
t Camp class Tues & Fri mornings, which has been great! I actually love getting up at 5:30 for it (and I am NOT a morning person!). I also run with two other ladies on Mon & Thurs, and try to do Yoga & get on the bike trainer other days. It's bound to work... soon. (:  Still hoping to do some running races this summer and maybe a tri or two... TBD. 

Here are some pics of Harper in San Diego. BEACH BABY!!!:



No comments:

Hawaiian waves

Hawaiian waves
Not sure how I got this one... Crazy Hawaiian waves!

Lazy Days

Lazy Days
Jake just loves napping on "his" couch!

Tom golfing

Tom golfing
Got to get this shot... just... right...

Rudy & Jake

Rudy & Jake
best buds!

Waiting...

Waiting...
This guy was crazy!

31 weeks

31 weeks
31 weeks pregnant at York Beach...

6.5 months

6.5 months
My belly at 6 1/2 mos

prego belly

prego belly
4 months along...