I haven't been good about updating the blog regularly, simply because the computer with software for photos is way down in the basement! But I'll try to be better in the new year! Harper has had a lot of new things going on lately. Most recently, we're working hard on getting her naps more consistent (thanks to help from Taryn!) and as a result, she is almost sleeping through the night. She's getting up between 5a-6a instead of 3a-4a for her one feeding. Hopefully, she'll go just an hour longer and make it a full night! This weekend, she started
sticking out her tongue which is the cutest thing ever. We'll have to try to get it on film soon. She is becoming more and more aware of her surroundings and really likes to look around. Her favorite toy is her Gymini, where a monkey, giraffe, parrot, elephant and rooster hang down for her to pull on and coo at. She LOVES it! We got her a Bumbo chair for Christmas, but she might not be quite ready for that just yet. She needs to get a little stronger first. She may be almost done with the bouncy chair Cana lent us... she'd much rather be held or under the Gymini. She used to sleep through meals at restaurants, but now, she wants to be at the table and in on all the action. Last week, we had dinner with Derek, Monica and Levi (4.5 mos old). Levi was VERY into Harper, trying to reach out and hold her. It was very cute! Unfortunately, all I had was my camera phone, so the picture didn't come out all that great. Harper has been spending Tues & Thurs mornings with Daddy so I can get back to my favorite spin class. I've also managed to get back in the pool twice a week. I used to have to drag myself to the gym, but now, it's time to myself and I look forward to it! Swimming has especially been fun, because it's easy on the joints. Tom has been wonderful about making sure I get this time! Yesterday, he got to go to the Broncos game, 15 rows up from the 50 yard line! Great seats, but it was so cold! I stayed home with Harper and drank hot cocoa and watched a movie while she napped. I enjoyed being home much more than I would have enjoyed
freezing my butt off at the game! I watched the last half from the comfort of the couch!The cold weather has kept us from going out for our daily walks. If it's under 32 degrees, it's too cold for Harper, so the poor dogs have been going stir crazy. Hopefully today will be warm enough to get out.
We're looking forward to our trip to MA next week so everyone can meet Harper! Shortly thereafter we leave for Kauai! January is a busy month, we just hope Harper can handle it!

No comments:
Post a Comment